Music and Art are the categories that make up our fine arts curriculum.
Christ Alone Lutheran School will give its students the opportunity to learn about music and its theory. Students will have ample opportunities to engage in singing of various genres and be given the chance to appreciate music as an integral part of our worship. Music is a heritage of the Lutheran church dating back to Martin Luther. Teachers will integrate the use of music throughout our curriculum where applicable.
- Allow students to grow in their singing for praising God.
- Allow students to grow in their understanding of musical theory.
- Introduce students to well-known composers, artists, and genres of music.
- Allow students to consider their own musical abilities for future service to God.
- Allow students to experience and appreciate music from a variety of cultures.
Christ Alone Lutheran School will give its students the opportunity to grow in their appreciation of that beauty through the instruction, practice, and hand-on activities throughout this curriculum. Art is a medium that God uses in His creation to allow us to describe and create His and His beauty, as well as to express our own feelings and emotions. Teachers will use art as a cross curriculum tool integrating it into various subjects.
- Introduce students to various methods (media) of producing art.
- Introduce students to various well-known artists and classical works of art.
- Allow students to grow in their own production of artistic pieces.
- Introduce students to various artistic styles used throughout the past.
- Allow students to grow in their understanding and use of the elements of art.